Dr. Ashish Dutta
M.B.B.S, L.R.C.P(U.K.), L.R.C.S. (Lond), L.M.S.S.A. (Lond), M.R.C.G.P., DPD (Cardiff),
B-TEC In Advanced Skin Laser (Loughborough).
Board Certified in Cosmetic Surgery (ID-ABCS)
Secretary, European Society of Aesthetic Surgery (ESAS)
ESAS representative to the European commission CEN TC- 403 (Aesthetic Surgery Services)
Secretary and Board of Trustees, International Division of American Board of Cosmetic Surgery (ID-ABCS)
Secretary, World Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (WAOCS)
Secretary, British Association of Body Sculpting (BABS)
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
General Medical Council (Full Registration).
I am a member of the British Medical Association. (B.M.A.)
Hospital Consultants and Specialists Association (H.C.S.A.).
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
a) School Final Examination, 1979 from ST. XAVIER’S COLLEGE, CALCUTTA.
b) Higher Secondary Examination in 1981 from ST. XAVIER’S COLLEGE, CALCUTTA.
c) M.B.B.S. CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY from B.S. Medical College, 1986.
I represented my College football team as a right stopper Back and captained the College Table Tennis Team. I Was the College Table Tennis Champion for three Consecutive years. I published a paper “Comparative Study of Health in different Countries” in my Fourth Years Medical School which appeared in the Indian Public Health Magazine.
d) L.R.C.P.(U.K.), L.R.C.S.(Lond.) – March 1994.
e) L.M.S.S.A.(Lond.) – March 1994.
f) D.F.F.P.(Lond.) – February 1997.
g) M.R.C.G.P. – 2000
h) B-Tech in Advanced Skin Laser (Loughborough) 2009
i) DPD (Cardiff University) – 2009
j) I am in my third year of Masters in Cosmetic Practice
PREVIOUS MEDICAL EMPLOYMENT:
a) Rotating internship in various specialities including Medicine, General Surgery, Gynaecology and Paediatrics, RAMKRISHNA MISSION SEVA PRATHISHTHAN, CALCUTTA for one year from 1st October 1986 – 30th September 1987.
b) Resident House Surgeon in General Surgery,
S.S.K.M. HOSPITAL, INSTITUTION OF
POSTGRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION AND
RESEARCH, CALCUTTA from 16th October 1987 –
15th October 1988.
S.S.K.M. Hospital is the regional institute for Eastern India and better known as ‘Presidency General
Hospital’. It serves as a tertiary referral centre to the
State of West Bengal covering a population of over
- c) Clinical Attachment at RYHOPE GENERAL
HOSPITAL, SUNDERLAND, to observe medical
Practice in U.K.
- d) Passed PLAB, in June 1989.
- e) 2 year Surgical Rotation in the North East of England
covering General Surgery, Orthopaedic and Accident
and Emergency August 1989 – August 1991.
- f) S.H.O. In Gynaecology and Obstetrics at
HARTLEPOOL GENERAL HOSPITAL from 1st
August 1991 – 31st January 1992. This department
Deals with over 2000 deliveries per year and is an
Active I.V.F. Centre. I actively participated in the
Labour room and helped the consultants in the clinics.
- g) S.H.O. in Elderly Care with on-call commitments in
General Medicine at HARTLEPOOL GENERAL
HOSPITAL until July 1992.
I was required to cover the C.C.U. as first-on, which gave
me an insight into the acute management of cardiac
- h) S.H.O. in Orthopaedics and Trauma at WYCOMBE
GENERAL HOSPITAL from August 1992 to 31st
January 1993. During this period I compiled a report on
“Rush Nailing of Lower Fibula Fractures”. I helped the consultants in the clinics and operating theatres. My
Surgical and Orthopaedics experience in this particular
job helped me immensely as a Staff Grade in Accident
- i) Staff Grade and later Senior on-call cover in Accident
and Emergency at the QUEEN ELIZABETH HOSPITAL,
Gateshead from 1st February 1993 to 31st January 2002. This department has a yearly new patient attendance of
Over 47,000 patients.
I was involved in the day case theatre with 2 lists of my own dealing with facial injuries, trauma, carpal tunnel release etc, and running the Review clinics. I was a member of the Trauma Team and took part in the training programme to teach S.H.O’s. During this period I successfully completed the A.P.L.S.,A.C.L.S.and A.T.L.S.
- j) I joined the Northumbria Vocational Training Scheme in
February 1995 and my Phase I appointment was with
Dr. D. Rooney of Gateshead. I worked with him from
1st February 1995 to 2nd August 1995.
- k) Phase II G.P. Registrar in Psychiatry at CHERRY
KNOWLES HOSPITAL, Sunderland from 3rd August
1995 to 6th February 1996.
- l) Phase III G.P. Registrar with Dr. Suchdev of Gateshead.
I worked with him for six months from 7th February 1996
To 6th August 1996.
- m) Locum Registrar in Accident and Emergency at
SOUTH TYNESIDE DISTRICT HOSPITAL from 7th
August 1996 to 1st September 1996.
- n) September 1996 – April 2000 I was a full time G.P.
partner in a 5 doctor practice in Washington covering
population of 12500 patients. I was elected to the
Sunderland local medical committee (LMC) and later
appointed the Clinical Governance lead of the PCG. I was
the G.P. facilitator for Sunderland Health Authority,
looking after the educational and development needs for
individual G.P’s. I continued to work as a Senior Doctor
on-call in the Trauma and Accident & Emergency at
Queen Elizabeth Hospital for 4 sessions per week to
maintain my surgical skills.
- o) April 2000 – December 2005. I joined Dr. Zaidi
and opened a PMS-plus practice in South Tyneside to
provide a surgical service on behalf of the PCT to the local community. I was elected to the LMC and PCT for
South Tyneside and was appointed the Geriatric Lead. In 2000, I opened a private cosmetic surgery clinic. The
practice grew steadily and we opened a second Cosmetic
Surgery Clinic in Newcastle in 2004. Due to the increased
work load, I resigned from my G.P. practice in 2005 and
dedicated most of my time to the Cosmetic Surgery
- p) Cosmetic Surgeon at Aesthetic Beauty Centre from April 2000.
- q) May 2006 – March 2007. Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship at Linia
Cromwell Hospital with Mr Aslam, Consultant Plastic Surgeon.
- r) September 2009 – date – Marsden Road Health Centre – G.P.
Since I have been practicing Cosmetic Surgery in the independent sector before April 2002, I was allowed to continue practicing Cosmetic Surgery under the grandfather clause.
I have been practicing Cosmetic surgery since 2000 and have completed a Fellowship program in cosmetic surgery. I have passed the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery (ABCS) exam through the World Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. I am a member of the European Society of Aesthetic Surgery (ESAS), American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS) and World Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (WAOCS). I am the ESAS Secretary and nominated member on the European Commission for Standardisation of Aesthetic Surgery Services (TC 403). I am registered with the GMC and work as a consultant cosmetic surgeon in the private sector. I do not undertake any plastic or reconstructive procedures. I am an examiner for the World Board of Cosmetic Surgery. I perform Liposuction, Blepharoplasty, Brow Lift, Face and neck lift, Cheek augmentation, Breast Augmentation and lift, Abdominoplasty, Thigh and Arm lift, Hair Transplantation. I am a trainer for Dermal Fillers, Botox, Smartlipo, Cosmetic Laser surgery, Acid Peels etc. .
COURSES ATTENDED: a) Course for Basic Sciences at Newcastle University in
- b) A.T.L.S. Course.
- c) Resuscitation for Neonates & Paediatrics at St. Mary’s
Hospital – January 1992.
- d) A.T.L.S. revision course at High Wycombe General
- e) Radiation Protection Course.
- f) A.C.L.S. (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) – 1993.
- g) A.P.L.S. (Advanced Paediatric Life Support) – 1994.
- h) Management of Acute Poisoning at R.V.I. – 1994.
- i) “Emergencies in Medicine” at Southern General Hospital,
Glasgow – September 1994.
- j) “Emergency Medicine and the law” Course 1995.
- k) “Breakaway Technique” in the management of violent
patients – October 1995.
- l) Counselling Course – October 1995.
- m) D.C.H. Course – November 1995.
- n) Child Health Promotion – Course at Newcastle – February
0) Family Planning Certificate course – June 1996.
- p) Diploma of the Faculty of Family Planning February
- q) Mental Health Act 1983 Accredation Course – February
- r) Training for setting up P.C.C.s and corporate
responsibility – 1998/99.
- s) Various courses and conferences on Clinical Governance
locally and regionally – 1998 – 1999.
- t) ‘Critical Event Analysis’ workshop – July 1999.
Please see Training & Development record for full list.
PUBLICATIONS: I have written nine chapters in the “Accident and
Emergency Compendium” published by the Department
of Medical Education. This book is being used by the
Department of Health as a pilot study to monitor “Basic
Learning Skills” at S.H.O. level.
ACTIVITIES: I used to play table tennis for the Tyne & Wear British
Gas Team and compete in regularly in the Tyne & Wear
I am fluent in English, Bengali, Hindi and Urdu. My
other interests are travelling and cooking.